YOGA STUDIO ETIQUETTE
TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME AT JAI YOGA
A few simple courtesies and a little common sense can go a long way in our interactions with others, especially when we share personal space as we do in a yoga class.
Here are our suggestions and requests to make your own experience, as well as the experience of your fellow students, more comfortable and enjoyable:
· turn your cell phone off before entering the studio
· leave your shoes and coats by the door
· avoid stepping on the mats of your fellow classmates whenever possible
· refrain from wearing scents
· allow at least two hours after eating a large meal before coming to class
· wear comfortable, stretchy clothes that move with you
Late to class?
While we expect you to arrive to class on time, or even early, sometimes life happens and you may be late. Here is what you can do to support yourself and fellow students in settling into class after it has begun:
· If the door is open, take a seat on the couch until centering is over. If the door is closed, please wait in the hallway.
· When the time is right, i.e. when the teacher signals, or the centering/opening meditation is over (usually after the OM), please come in quietly with cell phone already off.
· Write your name on the sign-in sheet on the desk. Then you may unroll your mat and gather your props. If it is a large class, the teacher will help you to create a space.
· Be sure to check-in with the teacher after class to make sure you are appropriately signed-in.
More information about policies and yoga FAQs are available at www.JaiYogaHome.com.